I am now fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Yay!
And, like this little bird, I’m pretty happy staying at home by myself.
But it’s nice to have options as I face the (nearly) post-pandemic world.
Where could I go? And what could I do?
I could see people in person!
Preferably others who have also been vaccinated. Why push it?
I could eat at a restaurant!
Inside, even. Although, who wants to, when it’s so nice outside?
I could go shopping!
For what, though? I love Instacart for grocery delivery. And shopping online.
I could travel!
Well…there are other considerations besides COVID…fitness and finances, to name two.
I could have people over!
But how much did I ever do that anyway? Maybe I want to start doing it more?
I could go visit people in their homes!
Depends on how many others are invited. I’m still an introvert, after all.
I could work with clients in their homes!
Except all my services are, by now, exclusively virtual…and I like it that way.
It’s a literal question — “Where should I go?” — and also a metaphorical one.
This (nearly) post-pandemic period of time is a crossroads not unlike….
…graduating from high school or college.
What do I want to do with the rest of my life?
…moving to a new city.
What’s on offer that I want to do, or see? How do I want to make myself useful?
What did I enjoy about the trip that I can apply to my home life?
This is a chance for us to reevaluate our lives, homes, and businesses.
Here are some more questions I’m asking myself….and you can ask yourself too, as we face the (nearly) post-pandemic world:
- What am I grateful for? Were there any silver linings to the pandemic for me?
- Do I want to resume the activities I was engaged in before? Or is this a good opportunity to switch gears and focus my energy on something else?
- What did I start doing during the pandemic that I want to continue doing?
- Which people do I want to reunite with, and which ones maybe not so much?
- Are there some projects around the house that I’ve been putting off? Which ones will make my life nicer and easier?
- Do I need to make my workspace more functional and comfortable, so I can be more productive working from home?
- Do my household systems need review?
- Do I need help getting back on track?
The “door” is not equally open for all.
I want to acknowledge that many who took the pandemic seriously are still feeling cautious, or have extra health risks, or limited access to vaccines, or continued regional lock-downs. Workplaces, social and support groups, classes, clubs, friends, and families are all having to negotiate when (and whether) to resume meeting in person. I hope everyone will give everyone else the space to re-enter society at their own pace. For small groups I lean towards waiting until each of us is comfortable, so as to not be missing anyone when (and if) we resume meeting in person.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated, what’s the first thing YOU did with your newfound freedom?
What activities or behaviors are YOU looking forward to starting/stopping/resuming?
Please share with us in the comments below!
Copyright 2021 by Hazel Thornton, Organized for Life.
Social media links directly to this page are encouraged!
Please contact me for other types of reprint permission.