Racial tension, worldwide pandemic, financial instability, political division…so many sources of stress on top of the normal stress of our daily lives!
All of the news is upsetting — and some of it is inaccurate or biased. Emotions are running high and there is no end in sight, not really.
And Facebook is… um… shall we say flawed and controversial? It’s really no wonder people are talking again about leaving it!
Don’t leave Facebook — organize it!
Before you leave, though, please skim this post and see if any of the topics I’ve previously written about might help you decide to stay.
Maybe decluttering and organizing your News Feed will remind you why you liked Facebook in the first place. Think of all the informative, entertaining, heart-warming, thought-provoking posts you will miss. Think of the people you know and love who are on Facebook, but who aren’t on other social media platforms. If nothing else, won’t you miss meeeee? I’ll miss youuuu!
(NOTE: I am only addressing Facebook because I spend more time there than on other social media platforms and know more about it. And, for the record….I could be wrong, but I don’t think Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is evil so much as he’s in wa-a-ayyy over his head.)
This is not the first time I’ve written about Facebook.
Here are my goals for writing about it again:
- To remind you of adjustable settings you may not have realized were available to you, or had forgotten about.
- To empower you to take charge of your News Feed and create a more rewarding experience for yourself.
- To help you understand Facebook better so you can make peace with its imperfections and actually enjoy it.
Links to Org4life posts (with sub-topics)
- Tech Settings
- Life Settings
- No guilt or shame required!
- How to change your settings
- The Social Media Serenity Prayer
- This bogus chain letter — “Facebook only shows you 26 of your friends – press here – it works!”
- Benefits of Facebook (list of 10 off the top of my head)
- My favorite Steven Wright joke.
- How to see what you really want in your Facebook News Feed.
- How to see posts from more of your Friends.
- How to see more posts from your favorite Pages
- What to do about the things you DON’T want to see in your News Feed
- Annoying Friends
- What do you find stressful?
- Constant interruptions?
- Wasted time and energy?
- Bad news and biased news sources?
- Annoying Facebook friends?
- The “Whom should I unfriend on Facebook over political differences?” Decision Matrix
- FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)
- The Facebook Friends Clutter Flow Chart
- (Just what the title implies)
Caveat & Offer
Caveat: Settings change all the time on Facebook, as it grows and changes. I have not taken the time to re-read all of these previous posts to verify every little detail — it would be a full-time job to keep them 100% up to date — but the principles remain the same.
Offer: If you have read this far….and if you have ALSO read the posts to which I have linked (or at least the one that you think pertains to your question)….and if you have ALSO tried perusing and adjusting your settings….and if you STILL have a question, you are WELCOME to schedule a free 20-minute phone call with me and I’ll try to help you!
What are YOUR pet Facebook peeves? Have you tried to find a way to fix them? Were you successful?
Please share with us in the comments below!
Copyright 2020 by Hazel Thornton, Organized for Life.
I welcome social media links directly to this page!
Please contact me for other types of reprint permission.