I was recently interviewed, on a fun podcast called “3 Questions”, by Erika Yocom (Virtual Personal Assistant) and Pamm Myers (Pamm Meyers Social Media Marketing). They ask the same 3 questions of all their guests, and I found them to be thought-provoking enough to share with you here.
I wonder how YOU would answer the 3 Questions?
Link to 15-min. video: https://fb.watch/3mCIDo3KVJ/
Link to 15-min. audio: https://3-questions.sounder.fm/episode/hazel-thornton
(If you Google “3 Questions podcast Hazel Pamm Erika” you will find several other ways to listen.)
Here’s an outline (not a transcript) of my answers:
- Even introverts get lonely sometimes!
- Lack of time isn’t why I haven’t finished all my projects. Everyone responds differently to stress, and we’re not all in the same boat. We’re all weathering the same storm but we’re in entirely different boats. Some are in yachts, and some in rowboats, while others have already shipwrecked. (As I wrote in Are you feeling adrift too?)
- Turns out I like my hair longer. Who knew it was wavy?
QUESTION 2: How have you RESPONDED to this situation?
- The first thing I did was to start writing. First, for Introvert Retreat (Social Distancing: Introverts, we’re up!) and then for my website. In the Survive and Thrive Resource Roundup I tried to keep everyone (including myself) up to date on masks, how the virus spreads, ways to spend quarantine time, how to stay mentally healthy, etc. but after about a month of that I got burned out because things kept changing. So, I stopped.
- The rest of the year I watched Netflix. Just being honest. If you were more productive than I was, more power to you! Think I’m joking? Click here to see the list of shows I’ve watched (and books I’ve read): Hazel’s 2020 COVID “Accomplishments”
QUESTION 3: What does your FUTURE look like on the other side of this?
- My life didn’t change THAT much. I’m an introvert who lives alone, and I was already providing Organizing and Family History Services virtually.
- But the less I did, the less I felt like doing. I was already semi-retired, and now I’m slowing down even more. (This is true, but I forgot to say it during the podcast.)
- I’m finally back to being somewhat productive (while still watching Guilt-Free TV), but I’ll be focusing more on genealogy than on organizing. Here’s a recent interview I did about that.
- The thing I’m most excited about is finishing my new book soon — What’s a Photo Without the Story? A guide to creating your family legacy.
How would YOU answer the 3 Questions?
If you’d like to share your answers, please do, in the comments below!
Copyright 2021 by Hazel Thornton, Organized for Life.
I welcome social media links directly to this page!
Please contact me for other types of reprint permission.