Who wants their chart done? Family tree pedigree chart, that is?
If you think pedigrees are just for royalty, dogs, and horses, think again! Genealogy makes history personal for everyone. And a family tree makes a great gift for a loved one…or for yourself!
I just finished a 4-generation pedigree chart (up to the 8 great-grandparents level) for a client. I sent her a bunch of supporting files to print out and put into a binder, along with some family photos, using the chart as the binder cover, for her Dad’s birthday. Here’s what she and others have had to say:
Thank you so much for all your hard work, this information you have put together is so fascinating!! I have really enjoyed sharing it with my parents! — K.Z.
I’m so glad Hazel did my family tree – you should get her to do yours! — J.B.
Oooh! This is interesting! Thanks for finding my grandparents’ marriage license and helping to solve our family mystery. — J.N.
Here’s how it works:
- Contact me to discuss your project. Is it for you, a family member, or a friend? Do you have an occasion coming up (birthday, anniversary, holiday, reunion)? What do you already know about your family? What are you curious about?
I will email Family Group Sheets for you to fill out as best you can. I do need some information to get me started!
- Once you return the Family Group Sheets to me I will use internet subscription tools such as Ancestry.com (and many other online resources) to access documents pertaining to your family. To these resources I will add 20+ years of old-school (and modern) genealogy research experience to help me assemble the puzzle pieces and help you tell the story of your family.
- If you have (or plan to purchase) your own Ancestry.com account and/or family history software for your computer, I will send you the resulting GEDCOM file for your own use. Otherwise, I will email your pedigree chart plus PDF copies of the most important and interesting supporting documents that I find.
- I will include Next Steps, Resources, and Instructions for assembling a Family History Binder to use for yourself or as a gift. (For an additional fee, if you prefer, and if there’s time, I can assemble it for you and deliver or mail it to you.) You can add your own photos and stories and grow the binder contents as you desire.
- Enjoy and share with your family!
The rate for this service is $299 (+ tax in NM).
Gift certificates and coaching are also available.
See my Family History Research Services page to learn more.
Want to do it yourself? This article, Puzzling Out Your Family History, will help you figure out whether you are up to doing your own genealogy research. I can teach you how. This is absolutely something I can help you with virtually (remotely)! (Read Why Virtual Organizing? to see if it’s for you.)
If you are the family genealogist, I can help you organize your research and materials. Read FAQ for more ideas and info.
Are you curious about your own family history?
Already an amateur (or professional) genealogist?
Please leave a comment below!