This story never ends. Keep checking back for updates!
Radio ♦ Podcasts ♦ Television ♦ Web ♦ Print
Hazel’s Top Menendez Media Picks
(Click ↑↑↑ for my recommendations.)
I’ve done lots of interviews over the years.
They were all good, but many get edited down — from hours worth of footage to a few seconds here and there — for a documentary.
Here are some of the most recent, available-to-link-to interviews.
My list of Hazel’s Top Menendez Media Picks includes things that did not involve me, and excludes many of my own not-favorite interviews.
One of these days maybe I’ll add in more 1990’s items, most of which are not available on the internet.
- Hazel on KABC Radio 11-17-95 (11:40 min.) My thoughts and predictions during the second trial.
As it turns out, podcasts (where I am the only guest, that is) are the antidote to all those years of being interviewed extensively for TV, only to be edited down to a few soundbites here and there!
- In Your Face With Donnie And Grace — True Crime. Grace talks to Hazel Thornton author and juror on Erik Menendez first trial. — 5/7/2018 (1:12:54)
- In Between the Pages with James Lott Jr. — Hung Jury: The Diary of a Menendez Juror with Juror #9 Hazel Thornton — 6/14/2018 (1:06:00)
- 121. Tales from the Pit: Juror #9 — with Michael Swaim — 10/6/2018 (50:11)
(These were all recorded in 2018. They are currently available only with a Spotify subscription, but episode descriptions are free.)
- Episode 86: The Menendez Brothers, Part 1 (43:26)
- Episode 87: Menendez Brothers, Part II: The “Abuse Excuse”?? (1:14:22)
- Episode 93: Interview with Menendez Juror #9, Part 1 (1:15:42)
- Episode 94: Interview with Menendez Juror #9, Part 2 (1:29:54)
- Episode 125: Interview w/Robert Rand Part 1 (58:41)
- Episode 126: Interview w/Robert Rand Part 2 (1:24:08)
Murder and The Menendez Brothers: A Court TV Mystery (6 episodes – 2020)
- 20/20 1994 — 2:12 Tom Jarriel interviews the women of Erik’s jury
- Court TV’s Trial Story: The Menendez Brothers On Trial, The Real Story (2 hrs. total, Part 1 and Part 2), 1994 , with host Terry Moran
- Hazel on American Justice 1996 (1:24 min)
- Hazel on Oprah 2003 #1 of 2 (3:04 min.) Let’s just say that Oprah and Court TV’s Catherine Crier were not impressed with me!
- Hazel on Oprah 2003 #2 of 2 (3:54 min.) In which I get to say what I wanted to say.
- Nightline (5:38 clip), January 2017, based on same footage as ABC’s 20/20 special report Truth and Lies: The Menendez Brothers
- Jurors Say Menendez Brothers Served Long Enough (3:23 min. NBC4 Los Angeles, 2017)
- Weekly commentaries during LOTC at KOB4 in Albuquerque (articles, videos)
- A&E’s Menendez Murders: Erik Tells All — 5 episodes, December 2017
- Click here for all things Law & Order! ← I’m not in the 8-part series, but “Juror Hazel” is! (most notably in episode 7)
- Investigation Discovery (ID) — Episode 4 of “The Crimes That Changed Us”, 2020.
- The Menendez Mistrial 27 Years Later — CourtTV LIVE with Vinnie Politan (14:00 min. January 28, 2021)
Web (articles & videos)
- Tried and True – True Crime Details from Local Menendez Juror — Sand Canyon Journal article, October 5, 2017
- Between the Pages: Hung Jury: The Diary of a Ménendez Jury — New Mexico Entertainment Magazine, March 14, 2018
- Weekly commentaries during NBC’s Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders at KOB4 in Albuquerque 2017 (articles only; videos no longer available)
- More on Menendez — The Steeple Times, Oct 16, 2017 London
- Menendez Reunited — The Steeple Times, February 15, 2018 London
Return to Menendez Juror home page