It might surprise you to learn that I don’t put forth a major spring cleaning effort at my house. I prefer to do a little cleaning at a time, all year long, than to let things build up, creating an overwhelming annual chore. For example: daily dishes, weekly vacuuming, and one “annual” job per month, such as cleaning baseboards or ceiling fans.
But I understand the urge to wake up from a long winter’s nap, so to speak; to clear clutter, sweep away the literal and metaphoric cobwebs, and make room for new things to come into one’s life. It’s also a good time to spruce things up a little, indoors and out. As Oprah Winfrey often says, quoting Nate Berkus, “Your home should rise up to greet you.”
So, I don’t write actual cleaning tips, like how wash windows or remove stains, but I happily gather them to share with you, along with a few of my own blog articles about decluttering and interior redesign. I don’t expect you to need or want ALL of the info I have included in this Spring Cleaning Resource Roundup, but do I hope you will find something that inspires you!
WHY SPRING CLEAN?
- How Clean Does Your House Really Need To Be? (Org4life)
- Organizing on the Edge of Chaos (Org4life)
- Clutter Video Tip: The “Myth” of Spring Cleaning (Lorie Marrero)
- Never Spring Clean Again (Marla Cilley, aka FlyLady)
- How to Spring Clean with Feng Shui (a series of short video tips by Carol Olmstead)
- A Floor-to-Ceiling Guide to Spring Cleaning (Apartment Therapy)
- Spring Cleaning That Won’t Take Over Your Life: 8 Hours, Start to Finish (Oprah.com)
- The Mount Vernon Method (Sandra Felton)
- How to Clean Your House in 20 Minutes a Day for 30 Days (Apartment Therapy)
- House Cleaning Checklist (Smead)
- A Spring Cleaning Checklist For People Too Busy to Spring Clean (Sparefoot)
- Spring Cleaning…Outdoors! (Org4life)
- Spring Clean Your Patio (The Home Depot)
- 10 Things in Your Backyard You Can Reuse or Recycle (Earth911)
- Spring Cleaning Your Garage (Unclutter.com)
SPRUCE IT UP!
- How to Fall in Love with Your Home Office (Org4life)
- Home Staging to Stay, Not to Sell (Org4life)
- Is Your House Making You Happy? (Martha Beck)
- 10 Broad-Stroke Ideas for Choosing and Displaying Art (Houzz)
- The Three Word Plan to Loving Your Home (Apartment Therapy)
- The 8 Decorating Mistakes You May Not Even Realize You’re Making (Apartment Therapy)
- You’ve Got This: 8 Baby Steps to Conquering Your Fear of Color (Apartment Therapy)
DE-CLUTTER YOUR LIFE
(Visited 410 times, 13 visits today)