This story never ends! Check back for updates.
Partners in (true) crime.
Hazel Thornton was Juror #9 on the first Erik Menendez trial, which ended in 1994 with a gender-split hung jury. She was known by the press as one of “Leslie’s Girls” and “Erik’s Women”. Her book, Hung Jury: The Diary of a Menendez Juror was updated in 2016 with new material.
Robert Rand is an investigative journalist who has covered the Menendez case for over 28 years. He was one of the first reporters to interview Hazel after the first trial was declared a mistrial. His book, The Menendez Murders, is being released in September 2018. Pre-order it today!
They reconnected in 2017 as a result of renewed media interest in the case, and have joined forces to educate the public about the truth.
They are committed to preparing the groundwork for a Menendez Miracle.
- Public Speakers
- The Menendez Boxes Project (photo album) — The Juror helps the Journalist get organized!
- Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders — This 8-part series was based on the manuscript for Robert’s forthcoming book. Pre-order it today!
- Oasis Menendez Lecture & After Party (photo album) — “A Juror’s Inside Scoop on the Menendez Murders Trials”, featuring special guest Robert Rand (January 31 2018, Albuquerque).
- CLICK HERE to learn how you, too, can host a Juror & Journalist presentation!
- #Menendez25 — It’s the 25th anniversary of the first trial. Join us on Facebook and Twitter for a “25 Years Ago Today” journey that will span 7 months, from jury selection in June 2018 to the two deadlocked juries in January 2019.
- Busting the Top Menendez Myths (a yet-to-be-published, co-authored article)